24/02/2013

the introducing page.. Minna

One of my favourite parts of a wedding is when the Bride is getting ready in the morning.. and one of my favourite moments is when I get to see their dress for the first time... hanging with anticipation ready to be worn and loved and looked at and danced in.. it gives me goosebumps every time.  Over the past 3 years we've been lucky to photograph some absolutely beautiful dresses and back in November one of our Bride's wore the sweetest dress you ever did see.. I had to have a little look myself at who was behind this beautiful dress... and when I found Ms Minna I was blown away.. and I think you guys might be too...



Known for her love affair with lace, Finnish Designer Minna Hepburn launched her romantically bohemian wedding collection in September 2012.  The collection offers a range of affordable (£200 - £500), thoughtfully designed and lovingly hand embellished dresses.  To complete the vintage bridal look, the collection ofers a stunning range of veils, turbans and hair adornments too..

Minna was inspired by her customers wearing her dresses as bridal gowns, thus creating a separate collection to embrace the one-of-a-kind occasion.  She wanted to embody wearability and the eco-spirit within the collection; therefore the versatile dresses are designed to go from vows to cocktails to festivals.. 






The old marital good luck custom can be added to the dresses to create unique embellishments with something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.  A favourite love poem or wedding date can be hand embroidered to the dress as well and customers have Minna's vast archive of lace fabrics to choose from.  The frocks can be altered according to your specification, and different fabrics can be used for Bridesmaids garments for a complete nuptial-look.  Fabrics used vary from creamy silks to detailed laces and chiffons.  The wedding collection stays true to the Minna brand with a rich palette of natural soft powder, ivory and white colours.. I must admit I'm in love with all of them..







Beautiful... bohemian and affordable... what more could you want!! I have a feeling Ms Minna is going to be a very busy lady... :)  

You can see more of her wedding and non-bridal collection here.. www.minna.co.uk.  There is also FREE worldwide shipping!! I'm going back for another look... ;)  

Oh and here's the gorgeous Lauren in her Mina dress...




5 comments:

  1. Cute pics! :) Exceptional photography as well I must say, as I noticed some really good use of shutter and focus settings on the photographs which I learned over at shoot digital pics like the pros that helped me relate to the settings with which some of the photos might have been taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exceptional comment Mike I must say, as I noticed some really good use of unsolicited spam on Emma Case's blog post which you no doubt learned over at spam photography blogs like the pros, which helped you relate your lack of common decency with which some of your comments were made. :)

      Delete
  2. Love these dresses - thanks for the introduction! They're really sweet and original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage is certainly in fashion now, no wonder with how beautiful it looks. Especially your bride in her wonderful dress. Really lovely to see a new married couple look so happy. Congratulations to them both. Great photos. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice couple! You are looking truly very happy. Her wedding dress is also too awesome. Thanks for sharing us this beautiful part of your life.

    ReplyDelete